Director of Corporate Marketing
Marketing and Sales | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
As one of the hottest late stage IPO candidates in the valley, Instart Logic is looking for an experienced marketing campaign specialist to join our team and to help drive our already substantial growth.
Our firm has built an amazing platform that hundreds of leading large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience, and security of their cloud, web, and mobile applications. Ecommerce companies will enjoy 5-8% higher revenue after deploying our platform. Digital advertisers will see 3-12% higher revenue. Cloud and mobile applications for the Global 2000 will run 20% to 80% faster, look better and be safer. Our market opportunity is easily in the billions.
Our director of corporate marketing will have broad responsibility to manage, build out and lead our world-class corporate marketing team, run amazing programs, and manage a substantial budget. This is a high-profile position internally – our sales team is growing massively – and this role is first and foremost about developing and deploying a pipeline generating machine through a broad range of programs. This is a broad role spanning brand, creative, demand generation, digital marketing, advertising, collateral development, our company website and marketing operations.
To apply for this role, you must have a demonstrated track record of corporate marketing excellence at leading SaaS or Cloud application or technology platform companies. Ideally, you will have public company, IPO, and pre-IPO experience. While it would be helpful for you to have a background in SaaS/cloud platforms, e-commerce, application delivery and/or ad-tech, we are looking first and foremost for a corporate marketing athlete and leader.
Our prospects are C-level line of business and IT executives at the largest brands in the world – so demonstrated excellence in an account-based marketing world running concierge level, high-touch thought-leadership based programs for strategic enterprise accounts is critical. You must have the personal presence to engage with very senior executives at some of the largest companies in the world.
This is a hands-on role – while we are looking for a leader, you will also roll up your sleeves and get dirty executing. You should also be excited about being tapped more broadly to help your peers with other types of marketing programs when conditions so require. You must be an excellent communicator, writer, planner and business leader – and comfortable running programs for both line of business and IT audiences
When you apply for this role, the first thing our CMO is going to do is pick up the phone and call your prior sales executives. We want to hear that you worked together with them in partnership, and they could not have made their number without you. We want to hear you were a thought leader working in concert with sales, and pushing sales - and not just a servant of sales.
Be clear, our top priority is all about driving pipeline. We are already large and growing as fast as 300% year over year, so whatever it takes to plan and run amazing programs to drive pipeline is going to be the top priority for you and your team. Show us you are a pipeline generating animal.
Your people management, hiring, planning, and budgeting skills are important to this role, as over time you will build out a large team with a substantial budget. You will also be exposed to and asked to contribute to a broad range of marketing programs outside of corporate marketing – so if you aspire to broaden your skills to be a VP of marketing or CMO, this would be an ideal position to consider.
Gravitas, serious expertise, an established reputation as a change agent, and fearless communications are all highly respected in our culture. The successful candidate will have a big, visible personality and will both possess and be willing to defend strong convictions about how to drive a multi-hundred million dollar business growing well in excess of 100% year over year.
This position is primarily focused on driving North America pipeline, but you will work together with our country marketing executives to drive your programs globally and to incorporate the best innovations from our regions into our global strategy.
This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Requires a BA or BS degree from a top school. An MBA is preferred
- 7+ years of relevant B2B corporate marketing excellence
- Past experience as director of corporate marketing at leading valley cloud computing or SaaS companies, focused on marketing to both line of business and IT, is required
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in corporate marketing at leading Silicon Valley technology companies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute compelling, highly effective plays and campaigns
- Experience with direct, channel and partner marketing – driving pipeline using both internal and external resources
- Amazing execution – show us your portfolio of fabulous, effective programs, walk us through your current website
- Deep data-driven digital marketing experience
- Managed an annual budget of at least $1 million, with a portfolio of reporting, planning and results documents you can share
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and grow a world-class team
- Outstanding knowledge of B2B marketing processes, measurement, and best practices
- Clear track record of disrupting and crushing your competition
- Excellent skills in sales and marketing systems and analytics – we use Marketo and Salesforce
- Demonstrated symbiotic relationships with CEOs, CRO’s, chief marketing officers, and sales executives
- Excellent presentation, communication, planning and leadership skills
- Desire for boldness, experience disrupting entrenched competitors in mature markets
- High energy individual and entrepreneurial in spirit and deed – motivated by an equity upside and a long-term opportunity, ready to grow a highly motivated and dedicated team and advance an important business.