Director of Business Development
Business Development & Channel Partnerships | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
As one of the hottest late stage IPO candidates in the valley, Instart Logic is looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to join our team and to help drive our already substantial growth. Our firm has built an amazing platform that hundreds of leading large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications. E-commerce companies will enjoy 5-8% higher revenue after deploying our platform. Digital advertisers will see 3-12% higher revenue. Cloud and mobile applications for the Global 2000 will run 20% to 80% faster, look better and be safer. Our market opportunity is easily in the billions.
Our team is looking for an all-star business development professional to partner with our VP of Business Development. In this newly created, ground-floor opportunity, you will become our resident expert on Instart Logic technical product partners and will be at the pulse of the company, working cross functionally with our Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Legal, and Sales teams. This dynamic team member will bring diverse partner marketing experience to the table, and will be a creative problem solver unafraid of making mistakes. The ability to keep up in a high-energy and changing environment is crucial. In return, you will have the opportunity to be a big contributor on a world-class team, and help revolutionize application delivery as we know it!
• Help overcome customer objections, block competition and strengthen their position in key verticals.
• Map out the overall partner ecosystem for Instart Logic, identify all the relevant players and possible relationships, and figure out alternative distribution strategies.
• Work closely with sales to identify relationships that lead to immediate value by bringing in more revenue, reducing cost of sales or shortening sales cycles.
• Work closely with marketing and executive team to identify long term possibilities for strategic alliances that can give a massive boost to our sales, our positioning or broadly improve their economics.
• Interact with Product Management team and help to build the “whole product” roadmap. Contribute to overall product and company strategy.
• Close all the different kinds of early deals, ranging from tactical referral agreements to the long-range strategic deals.
• Evangelize the company and product story – work on getting key players in the application delivery, performance and ecommerce ecosystem to endorse Instart Logic.
• Increase awareness, market leadership and sales of partner solutions.
• Build out financial and economic models including localized pricing, revenue share and other commercial models for maximizing value to the Company.
• Negotiate and close large-scale deals from a to z
• Build revenue plans with all partners and roll up forecast for company.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 7-10 years of business development and deal making experience.
• Business Development experience at a SaaS / PaaS / IaaS company a must.
• Demonstrated experience with selling enterprise-grade products with long and complex sales cycles.
• Proven experience at a startup in the $10M to $100M revenue growth phase, ramping up the partnership efforts from scratch - working closely / developing key partnerships with large companies in the apps, ISP / carriers, content and hosting space.
• Established experience selling infrastructure to online businesses – E-commerce, SaaS, Carriers, Cloud Service Providers etc.
• A highly technical individual who intuitively and intellectually understands the company’s technology and business value proposition in SD Application Delivery for the enterprise.