Technical Operations | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart Logic - A radical new approach to application delivery
Instart Logic makes application delivery fast, secure and easy. Instart Logic’s end-to-end platform combines machine learning for performance and security with a content delivery network (CDN) for application delivery, and is designed for DevOps and mobile-first applications. Using Instart Logic, organizations can provide ultra-fast, visually immersive and secure experiences on any device to maximize revenue, deliver superior customer experiences and gain competitive advantage. Instart Logic is funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Four Rivers Group, Geodesic Capital, Greylock Partners, Hermes Growth Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sutter Hill Ventures, Telstra Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Wing Venture Capital and several notable Silicon Valley angel investors.
As everyone agrees, DevOps is a culture, not a role. We at Instart are embracing that culture and looking for rockstars to help make that culture a reality. As a DevOps engineer at InstartLogic, you will be fully embedded with an engineering team, operating as a virtual team to deliver a full product. From story definition, to daily scrums, to production support the uptime, quality and efficiency of the product will be the responsibility of the team, with you as a key member. Come help us change the way applications are built and delivered at Instart Logic!
Your day to day responsibilities could include:
- Participate as a full member of the development team, taking part in the weekly scrums.
- Evangelize scalable operational practices and create automation to enforce these ideals.
- Act as a consultant to development on infrastructure, scalability, monitoring, operational process,infrastructure efficiency and release process.
- Create runbooks for our front line SRE team. Act as second line, escalation support for your application(s).
- Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
- Responding to support requests from development teams to assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Making sure that development teams are not blocked on infrastructure requests.
- 10+ years experience in systems engineering / administration.
- Experience with Big Data stack - Kafka, HDFS, SPARK, Elastic Search
- Strong automation skills preferably with Python
- Experience with configuration management systems - Chef or Puppet
- Hands-on experience working with load balancers such as IPVS, HAProxy etc.
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL/Postgres)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems (CentOS/Ubuntu), Windows systems knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Confluent is a plus.