Technical Operations | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart logic - A radical new approach to application delivery
The Instart Logic service is the first cloud application delivery service in the world to extend beyond the limited backend-only cloud architectures of the past with an innovative new intelligent client-cloud platform delivered as a service. This new approach is based on software-defined architecture rather than hardware and network scale.
As everyone agrees, DevOps is a culture, not a role. We at Instart are embracing that culture and looking for rockstars to help make that culture a reality. As a DevOps engineer at Instart, you will be fully embedded with an engineering team, operating as a virtual team to deliver a full product. From story definition, to daily scrums, to production support the uptime, quality and efficiency of the product will be the responsibility of the team, with you as a key member. Come help us change the way applications are built and delivered at Instart Logic!
Your day to day responsibilities could include:
- Participate as a full member of the development team, taking primary direction from the engineering
- Evangelize scalable operational practices and create automation to enforce these ideals.
- Act as a consultant to development on infrastructure, scalability, monitoring, operational process,
- infrastructure efficiency and release process.
- Create runbooks for our frontline SRE team. Act as second line support for your application(s).
- Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so
- that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
- Responding to support requests from development teams to assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Making sure that development teams are not blocked on infrastructure requests.
- Strong Python Developer, knowledge of Java is a plus
- Expert knowledge of various automation frameworks (Puppet, chef, salt, etc)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL/Postgres)
- NoSQL experience a plus
- VMWare infrastructure management experience
- Experience & desire to building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- 7+ years experience in systems engineering / administration
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems (CentOS/Ubuntu), Windows systems knowledge a plus.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, ARP, VLANs, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
Position is available in both Palo Alto, CA and Portland, OR