UI Engineering Lead
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
- Lead the UI charter at Instart to provide “best-in-class” SaaS enterprise apps that simplify and enhance our customers’ ability in managing the complex landscape of end user digital experience.
- Build good, healthy relationships with Product and UX with a strong willingness to provide constructive feedback as part of the design process.
- Lead a team of UI developers across multiple geographies, work with cross-functional Engineering teams and understand complex API workflows to deliver fast, interactive UI functionality to satisfy Product needs.
- Translate product stories/requirements into tasks and responsible for managing day-to-day execution and delivering on business needs per Agile sprint cadence.
- Work closely with front-end UI Devs to ensure high quality, accurate execution of UX designs for market release.
- Responsible for architecture of the underlying UI platform that allows for fast iteration and development of UI features with high quality, flexibility, and extensibility.
- Identify trade-offs and risks to design choices, crisply communicate them and diligently collaborate with cross-functional teams towards resolution.
- 6-10 years experience building and shipping SaaS apps, particularly for “enterprise” or “B2B” contexts (with complex jargon, intricate workflows, data visualizations).
- Immediately applicable expertise with the React development framework and knowledge about addition UI frameworks like Angular.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Fluency with HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React.JS is a plus
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in design (Master’s degree preferred).
- Preferred experience with responsive web apps, progressive web apps and mobile/touch friendly web apps.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.