Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join the growing Instart team. The ideal candidate should be passionate and committed to delivering the highest quality customer experience through support engagements that resolve customer requests quickly, thoroughly and completely.
You will be responsible for configuring and troubleshooting our products to resolve our customers' technical issues. You will support the customer by acting as a liaison between the customer and other internal teams.
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues with Instart’s products and infrastructure as reported by our customers and internal team.
- Consistently follow up and update the CRM Tool in a prompt manner for all support cases until the closure of a case. Ensure response times and update intervals adhere to the Instart’s customer SLA agreement.
- Develop internal and customer-facing documents/knowledge-based articles to be published.
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs and RFEs to our development, operations, and sales staff.
- Be part of 24x7 support rotation schedule.
- Provide active feedback to Engineering Team regarding product improvements from operations/customer perspective.
- Work with Sales Teams at different stages of customer onboarding including demo/configuration help, POC, etc.
- Follow Instart’s Support Process
- BS/MS in computer science
- 5+ years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer
- Front-line support experience and direct interaction with the customers is a must
- Strong individual contributor proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Shell
- Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of the Internet and OSI Stack
- Solid knowledge of internet protocols such as HTTP, SSL, and DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as log analysis, traceroute, and ping
- High familiarity with Linux platform and command-line utilities
- In-depth knowledge of web application stack as well as the ability to diagnose the web front-end using browser developer/diagnostic tools
- Excellent communication skills with both internal teams and external customers. Support issues may involve live customer interaction over the phone.
- Ability to understand a customer problem or question and quickly help them resolve the issue
- Excellent writing skills as most communication will be in written form
- Ability to execute in a cross-functional technical team
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill, Wing and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules and generous time off program to free lunches.
Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart!
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.