Technical Support Engineer
Support | Bangalore, India | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues with Instart Logic’s products and infrastructure as reported by our customers and internal team.
- Consistently follow up and update the CRM Tool in a prompt manner for all support cases until the closure of a case. Ensure response times and update intervals adhere to the Instart Logic’s customer SLA agreement.
- Develop internal and customer-facing documents/knowledge based articles to be published.
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs and RFEs to our development, operations, and sales staff.
- Be part of 24x7 support rotation schedule.
- Provide active feedback to Engineering Team regarding product improvements from operations/customer perspective.
- Work with Sales Teams at different stages of customer onboarding including demo/configuration help, POC, etc.
- Follow Instart Logic’s Support Process
- BS/MS in computer science
- 10+ years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer
- Front-line support experience and direct interaction with the customers is a must
- Strong individual contributor proficient in scripting languages such as Python and Shell
- Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of the Internet and OSI Stack
- Solid knowledge of internet protocols such as HTTP, SSL, and DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as log analysis, traceroute, and ping
- High familiarity with Linux platform and command line utilities
- In-depth knowledge of web application stack as well as ability to diagnose the web front-end using browser developer/diagnostic tools
- Excellent communication skills with both internal teams and external customers. Support issues may involve live customer interaction over the phone.
- Ability to understand a customer problem or question and quickly help them resolve the issue
- Excellent writing skills as most communication will be in written form
- Ability to execute in a cross-functional technical team
- Startup experience!!
- Experience with deploying a new product and then supporting it through the lifecycle
- Familiarity with distributed systems/SAS service development and deployment model
- Familiarity with performance related products/services like WOC, CDN, and ADC
- Some understanding and ability to code LUA