Staff DevOps Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
We are looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer to join the Cloud Platform team, taking part in the weekly scrums.
- Help build IaaS and PaaS features for nextgen hybrid cloud platform.
- Evangelize scalable operational practices and create automation to enforce these ideals.
- Act as a consultant to development on infrastructure, scalability, monitoring, operational process, infrastructure efficiency, and release process.
- Create runbooks for our front line SRE team. Act as second line, escalation support for your application(s).
- Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
- Responding to support requests from development teams to assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Ensure front-end development teams are not blocked on infrastructure or Platform requests.
- 8+ years experience in systems engineering/administration, with at least 2 years in a mission-critical Cloud / SaaS service.
- Prior startup experience desired.
- Strong Python Developer, knowledge of C++, Java, nodejs is a plus
- Experience & desire to building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of various automation frameworks (Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL/Postgres)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems (CentOS/Ubuntu).
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, ARP, VLANs, TCP/IP)
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol
- Deep Experience working with web servers Nginx or Apache.
- Hands on experience working with load balancers such as IPVS, HAProxy etc.
- Deep experience with container technologies - docker, k8s
- VMWare infrastructure management experience is a plus
- Experience working with AWS stack is a plus
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.