Sr. Software Engineer - Web Application Delivery
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart is looking for a passionate and intelligent engineer to help design and build innovative features expanding our leadership in Web Application Delivery. You need to have a deep passion for coding, and also versatile to explore and solve problems across various facets of computer science, including:
- Strong knowledge and experience in web application delivery.
- Experience in web application performance enhancement techniques both on the server and client-side.
- Knowledge of inner workings of the internet, e.g. how web servers interact with browsers
- Interest in new browser technologies such as service workers, application streaming, and web workers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Algorithms and systems design
- Familiarity with developer tools used for troubleshooting issues in web applications (Chrome developer tools, Fiddler etc.)
- Experience working on Nginx/Envoy/ATS is a plus
- BS Computer Science, or equivalent, + 5 year experience, OR MS Computer Science, or equivalent, + 3 year experience
- Experience in programming in an browser-based environment is a plus
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in startup-like environment is a plus
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.