Sr. Product Marketing Leader
Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart’s Product Marketing leader will have broad responsibility to lead our world-class product marketing team. This is a high-profile position both internally and externally – the right candidate will be excited about disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry, being a primary spokesperson for the company and providing cross-functional leadership across marketing, sales, product management, and product development. This is an exciting and challenging role for a product marketer as we market horizontally to digital operations and IT.
- Demonstrated track record of product marketing excellence and leadership at leading SaaS or cloud application suite or technology platform companies.
- Ideally, you will have public company, IPO, and pre-IPO experience.
- Be a product marketing athlete and leader.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly become a domain, industry and technology expert, and thought leader.
- We want to hear from sales execs who you have supported that they could not have made their number without you. We want to hear from industry analysts that they think you are a standout and compelling product marketing executive.
- Our top priority is all about partnering with sales – we are already large and growing fast – so enabling and ramping a large number of sales executives with compelling messaging, whiteboards, presentations, tools etc. is going to be a top priority for you and your team. Show us you are an expert in sales enablement.
- The company is an amazing technology innovator. We are disrupting very large markets, with entrenched and slow-moving competitors, and our platform plays in many categories. Another major role for product marketing will be working with industry analysts on both category creation and leadership. That’s going to be a lot of fun for a great product marketing leader.
- Our prospects are C-level line of business, digital operations and IT executives at the largest brands in the world – so demonstrated excellence building thought leadership – both domain and industry - is critical. You must be an excellent communicator, writer and public speaker – and comfortable with both line of business and IT audiences.
- Your people management and hiring skills are important to this role, as you will build out a substantial team. Ideally, you will be very familiar with the pragmatic marketing framework and challenger selling methodologies and have experience partnering with product management.
- Gravitas, serious domain expertise, an established reputation as a change agent, and fearless communications are all highly respected in our culture. The successful candidate will have a big, visible personality and will both possess and be willing to defend strong convictions about how to drive a multi-hundred million dollar business growing well in excess of 100% year over year.
- And last – we hope you hate our website. It’s part of your job to come in and fix the messaging and the content so we are all proud of it.
- BA or BS degree and an MBA, all from top schools.
- 10+ years of relevant B2B technology sales engineering, product management and/or product marketing experience is required.
- Past experience as a senior leader of product marketing at leading valley cloud computing or SaaS companies, focused on marketing to both line of business and IT, is required
- Background in SaaS/cloud platforms, e-commerce, application delivery, security and/or ad-tech
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in product marketing at leading valley technology companies
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep product, industry, and market expertise – and to translate this into compelling sales messaging, content, marketing campaigns, and sales plays.
- Experience marketing to both line of business as well as IT buyers.
- Experience with direct, channel and partner sales and marketing – driving enablement and productivity using both internal and external resources
- Clear track record of disrupting and crushing your competition
- Outstanding knowledge of B2B product marketing processes, measurement, and best practices, ideally with depth in the pragmatic marketing framework as well as the challenger sale methodology
- Demonstrated skills building, mentoring and managing a team of product marketing professionals
- Demonstrated symbiotic relationships with CEOs, CRO’s, chief marketing officers, and sales executives.
- Strong creative and editorial background with excellence in delivering compelling collateral and content.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including prospect and customer facing and large audience public speaking.
- Desire for boldness, experience disrupting entrenched competitors in mature markets
- Extensive experience developing and validating positioning, messaging, content, competition, segmentation, go to market strategy and developing pricing models for a fast-paced, high growth technology market
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.