Sr. Director / Director of Product Management
Product | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart is looking for an experienced Senior Director / Director of Product Management. This person will be a strategist, leader, product champion and subject matter expert for the products we sell to our eCommerce customers. Reporting directly to the VP of Product Management, this role will be involved in all aspects of Instart’s product lifecycle including problem definition, product strategy, product requirements gathering, pricing and packaging, roadmap planning, and of course, working closely with customers, prospects, sales and support, to help drive the business forward.
Great communication and presentation skills are needed as you will often participate in sales and executive meetings with customers, prospects, and leaders within the company. A passion for success in a competitive market environment is a key requirement, along with a strong commitment to teamwork. This is currently an individual contributor role.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical and have a background and experience in solutions used by large eCommerce customers. Having an understanding of web performance and cloud delivery infrastructure solutions is a big plus. An added plus is if this person has prior experience building and leading teams to the continued success of the company.
- 10+ years of product management experience driving the development of enterprise SaaS software for optimizing digital experiences
- In depth experience with customers and digital solutions used by large companies
- Experience with technologies and solutions used in delivering and optimization eCommerce websites including commerce platforms, business analytics, testing and optimization, and omnichannel personalization solutions.
- Exposure to web performance solutions and enterprise cloud solutions is a plus.
- Prior experience in building a website and/or optimizing software systems are preferred
- Expert in influencing and communicating product capabilities to customers, prospects, sales people, developers, and industry analysts
- Highly adept at working through others and building deep networks inside and outside the organization
- Ability to communicate concisely to all levels from CEO to software engineers
- Strong competitive and market analysis skills
- Proven track record of building and leading product management teams
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline and a MBA are a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential, including presenting to large audiences in public speaking scenarios
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.