Engineering | Boston, MA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to help design and build innovative features to help continue and expand on our leadership in Application Delivery. The responsibilities will include innovating the client platform (Nanovisor) and building mission critical security features and distributed/scalable services on top of this platform. If this excites you we want to talk to you.
- Expertise with browser security controls (CSP, XFO, HSTS etc),
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications.
- Strong knowledge of the browser security model, crypto, and network security.
- Attacker mindset: Passion for breaking all the things unbreakable.
- Minimum Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Strong experience with security tools such as static analysis, runtime analysis, black-box testing.
- Experience in programming in a browser-based environment
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a successful startup
- You must have a deep passion for coding, and also be versatile enough to explore and solve problems across various facets of computer science, including:
- Browser Side Security (XSS, CSRF, CSP)
- Web Application Firewalls
- Algorithms and design
- Machine learning
- Application Firewalls
- Client Cloud Architectures
- Virtualization, Containerization and Micro Services
- Data Analytics
- Distributed computing
- Large-scale system design
- Compiler Technologies
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Asynchronous Programming
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.