Software Engineer - Core Application Security
Engineering | Bangalore, India | Full Time
A Little About Us:At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto-based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Of course, because we are building groundbreaking applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. So, we are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and dedication that we do.
Instart’s digital experience management platform combines artificial intelligence, application and device awareness, and open APIs with a broad suite of integrated and automated capabilities spanning Cloud, Web and Mobile Application Performance Optimization, Image Optimization, Digital Advertising and Marketing Analytics Recovery, Web Application Firewall, DDOS Protection, Bot Management and a Content Delivery Network.
A Lot About You:
- Have you had a desire to Innovate and work on game-changing disruptions in propelling a faster internet?
- Have you had a desire to contribute and ship code to production and get real-time feedback on how your feature is performing?
- Have a desire to work with and learn from a team of very high caliber computer scientists and researchers in an environment that fosters teamwork and creativity?
- Have a desire to publish your work in leading academic journals and industry conferences and talk about how you are powering the performance and security charter for the #1 startup in the bay area?
- If you answered YES to any of the above, we would like to talk to you.
You have a deep passion for coding, and also be versatile enough to explore and solve problems across various facets of computer science, including:
- Browser-Side Security (XSS, CSRF, CSP)
- Web Application Firewalls
- Algorithms and design
- Machine learning
- Application Firewalls
- Client Cloud Architectures
- Virtualization, Containerization and Micro Services
- Data Analytics
- Distributed computing
- Large-scale system design
- Compiler Technologies
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Asynchronous Programming
We are looking for a passionate engineer to help design and build innovative features to help continue and expand on our leadership in Application Delivery. The responsibilities will include innovating the client platform (Nanovisor) and building mission critical security features and distributed/scalable services on top of this platform. If this excites you we want to talk to you.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Expertise with browser security controls (CSP, XFO, HSTS etc),
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications.
- Strong knowledge of the browser security model, crypto, and network security.
- Attacker mindset: Passion for breaking all the things unbreakable.
- Minimum Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Strong experience with security tools such as static analysis, runtime analysis, black-box testing.
- Experience in programming in a browser-based environment
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a successful startup
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.