Software Engineer - Ad Systems Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
A Little About Us:
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Of course, because we are building groundbreaking applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. So, we are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and dedication that we do.
Instart’s digital experience management platform combines artificial intelligence, application and device awareness, and open APIs with a broad suite of integrated and automated capabilities spanning Cloud, Web and Mobile Application Performance Optimization, Image Optimization, Digital Advertising and Marketing Analytics Recovery, Web Application Firewall, A DDOS Protection, Bot Management and a Content Delivery Network.
A lot about you:
We are looking for a passionate engineer to help design and build innovative features to help continue and expand our leadership in Application Delivery. The responsibilities will include innovating the client platform (Nanovisor) as it applies to the Ad Tech ecosystem. If this excites you, we want to talk to you!
You have a deep passion for coding and also be versatile enough to explore and tackle problems across various facets of computer science, including:
- Deep understanding of Ad ecosystem
- Deep knowledge of common ad serving and supply side programmatic systems, such as Google DFP/AdX, AppNexus, OpenX, Rubicon
- Demonstrated understanding of improving yield, CPM, Header bidding etc.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Proven understanding of meaningful campaign metrics, including conversion tracking
- Familiarity with developer tools used for solving issues across all ad types including display, video, and mobile (Chrome developer tools, Fiddler, Firebug, Tamper, etc.)
- Developed large scale, low latency systems
- Algorithms and design
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience working with various Ad Exchanges.
- Experience improving overall yield/CPM through better targeted campaigns.
- Minimum Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent)
How to really impress us:
- Experience in programming in a browser-based environment
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a successful startup
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.