Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Instart is looking for a team lead with a deep understanding of large-scale, low-latency distributed systems. You will be leading a small team of engineers for timely completion of mission critical projects. Your expertise in system design as well as your strong desire to provide mentorship is key as well as:
- Solid distributed systems knowledge
- Prior experience in designing large complex systems capable of handling millions/billions of requests
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Algorithms and systems design
- Knowledge of REST APIs, web proxies, and best practices while designing micro-services
- Experience in setting up and integrating large scale logging, metrics, and alerting systems
- BS Computer Science, or equivalent, + 7 year experience, OR MS Computer Science, or equivalent, + 5 year experience
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Strong knowledge on microservices design
- Prior experience in a team lead capacity is a plus
- Experience in designing auto-scaling systems and achieving optimal resource utilization
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a startup-like environment
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.