Senior Network Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
- Work with R&D and Product team to understand the application
architecture and design a highly scalable production environment for
various web services to serve millions of users
- Be the gatekeeper for all the production environment and assets
deployed across the globe
- Assume the position of technical leader for the operations team and
provide technical directions to ensure production systems adhere to
- Identify and fix the weak spots in the current production environment
by re-architecting the service to be more robust and scalable
- Come up with innovative service deployment solutions that provide
cost/manageability and scale advantages to the company
- Proactively identify and plan for the capacity and expansion w/
requirements from PM & Sales
- Design and manage comprehensive monitoring solution for both hardware
assets, vendors and software services deployed across the globe
- Troubleshoot and fix network & infrastructure issues across the
internet to maintain 100% SLA
- Interact & follow up with various Instart Logic vendors (networking,
colocation, hardware etc.) and ensure satisfactory service
- Provide design, performance and experience feedback/recommendations to
engineering and product teams.
- Interface with the security team and implement the necessary protocols
to protect the production environment.
Strong individual contributor w/ prior technical experience leading a
mission critical (IIAS, PAAS, SAAS) production service.
Global edge traffic management experience, including carrier transit,
ix peering and direct peering.
Passionate about designing product operations infrastructure
Passionate about design and building state-of-the-art CDN like network
Passionate about deploying large scale, highly distributable service
and network infrastructure
Experience with Internet protocols like BGP, OSPF etc. and management
of Cisco, Juniper network equipment
Experience with scripting and automating deployment of network
configurations and changes (puppet/ansible/salt/python,etc.)
Participate in 24x7 network on-call rotations
Nice To Haves:
- In depth experience deploying hardware and cloud services globally for
a CDN like service infrastructure
- Building out service infrastructure w/ the racks rented out of data
centers and cloud providers
- Experience with multi-homed networks with various network transit
providers across the globe
- Ability to handle and navigate massive DDoS attacks with various
network and application level remedies
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.