Senior Network Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers. As a Senior Network Engineer you will be working with R&D and Product team to understand the application architecture and design a highly scalable production environment for various web services to serve millions of users.
- Identify and fix the weak spots in the current production environment by re-architecting the service to be more robust and scalable
- Come up with innovative service deployment solutions that provide cost/manageability and scale advantages to the company
- Proactively identify and plan for the capacity and expansion w/ requirements from PM & Sales
- Design and manage comprehensive monitoring solution for both hardware assets, vendors and software services deployed across the globe
- Troubleshoot and fix network & infrastructure issues across the internet to maintain 100% SLA
- Interact & follow up with various Instart vendors (networking, colocation, hardware etc.) and ensure satisfactory service
- Provide design, performance and experience feedback/recommendations to engineering and product teams
- Interface with the security team and implement the necessary protocols to protect the production environment
- Designing and building a state-of-the-art CDN like network infrastructure and deploying large scale, highly distributable service and network infrastructure
- Global edge traffic management experience, including carrier transit, ix peering and direct peering
- Experience with Internet protocols like BGP, OSPF and management of Cisco, Juniper network equipment
- Experience with scripting and automating deployment of network configurations using Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Python
- Strong individual contributor w/ prior technical experience leading a mission critical (IIAS, PAAS, SAAS) production service
- Participate in 24x7 network on-call rotations
Nice To Have:
- In depth experience deploying hardware and cloud services globally for a CDN like service infrastructure
- Building out service infrastructure w/ the racks rented out of data centers and cloud providers
- Experience with multi-homed networks with various network transit providers across the globe
- Ability to handle and navigate massive DDoS attacks with various network and application level remedies
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.