Senior Network Architect
Technical Operations | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
A Little About Us:
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Of course, because we are building game-changing applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. So, we are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and commitment that we do.
A Lot About You:
What your day2day looks like:
- You will be working with the R&D and Product team to understand the application architecture and design a highly scalable production environment for various web services to serve millions of users
- You will be the gatekeeper for all the production environment and assets deployed across the globe
- You will assume the position of technical leader for the operations team and provide technical directions to ensure production systems adhere to SLA
- Identify and fix the weak spots in the current production environment by re-architecting the service to be more robust and scalable
- Come up with innovative service deployment solutions that provide cost/manageability and scale advantages to the company
- Proactively identify and plan for the capacity and expansion w/ requirements from PM & Sales
- Design and manage comprehensive monitoring solution for both hardware assets, vendors, and software services deployed across the globe
- Troubleshoot and fix network & infrastructure issues across the internet to maintain 100% SLA
- Interact & follow up with various Instart Logic vendors (networking, colocation, hardware etc.) and ensure satisfactory service
- Provide design, performance and experience feedback/recommendations to engineering and product teams.
- Interface with the security team and implement the necessary protocols to protect the production environment.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Strong individual contributor w/ prior technical experience leading a mission critical (IIAS, PAAS, SAAS) production service.
- Ability to lead a capable technical team
- Passionate about designing product operations infrastructure
- Passionate about design and building state-of-the-art CDN like network infrastructure
- Passionate about deploying large scale, highly distributable service and network infrastructure
- Located in the Bay Area
How To Really Impress Us:
- In-depth experience deploying hardware and cloud services globally for a CDN like service infrastructure
- Building out service infrastructure w/ the racks rented out of data centers and cloud providers
- Experience with Internet protocols like BGP etc. and management of Cisco, Juniper network equipment
- Experience with multi-homed networks with various network transit providers across the globe
- Ability to handle and navigate massive DDoS attacks with various network and application level remedies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.