Senior Cloud Platform Engineer
Cloud Platform Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
As a Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer engineer at Instart, you will be fully embedded with an engineering team, operating as a virtual team to deliver a full product. From story definition to daily scrums, to production support the uptime, quality, and efficiency of the product will be the responsibility of the team, with you as a key member.
- Evangelize scalable operational practices and create automation to enforce these ideals
- Act as a consultant to development on infrastructure, scalability, monitoring, operational process, infrastructure efficiency, and release process
- Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired
- Create run books for our global operations team. Act as the second line, escalation support for your application(s)
- Responding to support requests from development teams to assist with troubleshooting issues
- Making sure that development teams are not blocked on infrastructure requests
- Participate as a full member of the development team, taking part in the weekly scrums
- 8+ years experience in systems engineering or administration, with at least 2 years in a mission-critical Cloud / SaaS service
- Kubernetes or other docker containerization experience is a must
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
- Strong Python Developer, or knowledge of C++, Java
- Hands on experience working with load balancers such as IPVS, HAProxy, web servers Nginx or Apache
- Various automation frameworks (Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc), CI/CD
- Excellent knowledge of Linux
- Systems Administration and infrastructure provisioning automation is desired
- Network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, ARP, VLANs, TCP/IP), HTTP protocol
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL/Postgres)
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.