Internal Application: Security Analyst
Technical Operations | Bangalore, India | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
The Security Analyst is responsible for trial and service delivery solutions on Instart's Software services. This position requires technical skills, expertise with various web publishing environments and web security tools, documentation experience and professional presentation to customers and prospects.
- Provide advanced consulting, recommendations and ownership of the complete portfolio of Instart's security solutions including the Web Application Firewall, DDOS defence, and client-side security
- Work in a consultative capacity with prospects and clients to identify and implement solutions using Instart service(s)
- Analyze customer web application firewall logs for attacks to identify and remove false positives
- Proactively monitor customer activity to identify and mitigate attacks against their applications
- Work closely with Sales, Support and Engineering to resolve technical issues that arise during customer trials, implementation, testing and solution creation
- Drive improved reporting and deliverables to increase customer visibility into security attacks and trends
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of performance testing
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge repositories
- Work directly with customer success team in supporting the ongoing customer relationship and initial implementation transition process
- 3+ years experience in the SaaS security industry, ideally with experience protecting large-scale, high-profile customers
- 3+ year experience in a technical customer-facing role
- 3+ years experience with various WAF technologies, including tuning and operations
- Understanding of current security attack methods and techniques. Experience in red team exercises and/or penetration testing is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of common e-commerce and retail website architecture
- Security domain knowledge in areas such as network, application and systems
- Understanding and passion for securing and delivering customer content
- Strong customer presentation and communication skills
- Must be action-oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively to the Sales and customer teams.
- Experience performing web application security assessments