Engineering | United States, CA | Full Time
Instart is looking for a Security Analyst with a proven track record of thriving in a fast-moving startup environment. Working within the Security organization, this candidate will be responsible for detecting attacks against Instart and our diverse customer base and assisting in determining and implementing appropriate mitigations. This role will report to the Head of Security and can be based anywhere in the US.
- Use common security tools and techniques to analyze network traffic and systems behavior in order to identify and track potential attacks and adversaries.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate vulnerability detection.
- Validate vulnerabilities found by automated tools, bug bounty programs, and manual testing and determine priority for mitigation.
- Suggest firewall and NIDS rules and configuration changes to the environment in order to mitigate observed attacks.
- Determine root cause of potential security events or incidents.
- Effectively communicate through written and spoken means with technical peers.
- Under the guidance of management, respond to security incidents.
- Own tracking and resolution of security incidents and mitigations.
- Occasional on-call work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in information/computer security.
- 1+ years of experience as a security analyst.
- Experience writing NIDS, SIEM and Firewall rules.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Experience working with digital forensic tools a plus
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill, and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules and generous time off program to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto.
Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart!
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.