Sales | Melbourne / Sydney, Australia | Full Time
Instart is looking for Sales Engineers who can partner with Sales in presenting and proving the value of the Instart platform and drive sales opportunities to fruition. You will be demonstrating the Instart platform to individuals ranging from C-level executives to hands-on technical staff. Strong candidates will bring both polished sales acumen and deep technical expertise.
As a Sales Engineer at Instart, you will be responsible for understanding customers’ initiatives, priorities, use cases and application lifecycles. Technical validations will include web performance design, web security design, web performance management and customer onboarding.
- Provide product demonstrations and performance/security reviews to all relevant customer contacts
- Manage architectural overviews and in-depth deployment discussions across all customer deployment models
- Comprehensive security analysis and design covering Web Application Firewall (WAF), Bot Detection and DDoS protection
- Scoping, Designing and Building configurations to optimize and secure customers’ most valuable workflows and digital properties
- Assist in the attainment of Instart’s renewals business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of information technology experience, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant web performance or security management role or similar position providing comprehensive support of critical customer applications.
- Possess drive, desire, and ability to process and correlate data from multiple sources to derive compelling performance and security reviews
- 3+ years using Application Performance Management and other IT analysis tools such as Splunk, Catchpoint, Blue Triangle, New Relic, etc
- OR -
- 3+ years working in a Security Operations Center and/or with a Security Incident and Event Management platform such as Splunk, AlienVault, LogRhythm, ArcSight, etc
- Capable of capturing and analyzing network protocol traffic to assist in Design and RCA
- Security industry certifications like Security+, CCNA, CEH, GSEC / GCIH / GCIA, CISSP
- Deep understanding of the following technologies and concepts:
- Certificate-enabled applications (SSL/TLS, S/MIME, EFS, 802.1X, Code Signing, etc)
- Web and web application servers (J2EE, .NET) and general web technologies
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and modern architectural concepts such as cloud, containers, microservices, single page applications, event-driven automation, etc.
- Exceptional analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and determination
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill, and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules and generous time off program to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto.
Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart!
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.