Technical Services | Melbourne / Sydney, Australia | Full Time
Instart is looking for Sales Engineers who can partner with Sales in presenting and proving the value of the Instart platform and drive sales opportunities to fruition. You will be demonstrating the Instart platform to individuals ranging from C-level executives to hands-on technical staff. Strong candidates will bring both polished sales acumen and deep technical expertise.
As a Sales Engineer at Instart, you will be responsible for understanding customers’ initiatives, priorities, use cases and application lifecycles. Technical validations will include web performance design, web security design, web performance management and customer onboarding.
- As a 100% customer-facing job, candidates should love and excel at interacting with customers, training and consulting
- Be a self-starter and contributor dedicated to continually improving the Instart customer experience and ensuring that our customers derive maximum value from Instart services
- Research and understand each prospective customer’s web infrastructure, site architecture, and mix of services
- Partner with our customers from initial conversation through implementation and beyond
- Deliver compelling demonstrations, performance and security reviews to customers
- Clearly and flexibly explain service deployment options
- Complete and deliver security analysis and design covering Web Application Firewall (WAF), Bot Detection and DDoS protection
- Scope, Design and Build configurations to optimize and secure customers’ most valuable workflows and digital properties
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
10+ years of information technology experience, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant web performance or security management role
Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication
Deep knowledge and ability to explain how the internet works, including protocols and concepts such as HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, TCP/IP, and DNS
Strong understanding of modern device and web browser functionality and performance/security considerations
Experience with Web and Application Performance Management analysis tools such Catchpoint, Blue Triangle, New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
Ability and eagerness to travel frequently to visit customers in person – at least 25%
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, KPCB, Tenaya, Greylock, Geodesic, Sutter Hill, and STTelemedia to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules and generous time off program to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto.
Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart!
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.