Technical Operations | Portland, OR | Full Time
A Little About Us:
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Of course, because we are building groundbreaking applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. So, we are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and dedication that we do.
A Lot About You:
You love being a part of a growing team that directly supports a worldwide SaaS infrastructure. You enjoy exploring innovative ideas and challenging other individuals within your team. You are someone who understands what it means to be responsible for the delivery of a highly available production service and work hard to ensure resiliency and maximizing service uptime and availability. You value clear and consistent communication and keep a your cool in every situation. You also share our vision of building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
This position will be based in our Portland. Oregon office with occasional travel to HQ in Palo Alto, California.
- Ability to triage critical situations quickly and expertly and decide on a course of action
- Support and maintain our virtual infrastructure, linux servers, network infrastructure, database and application environments including deployment, patch management, documentation, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Understanding of basic networking issues and troubleshooting, driving vendor support for issue resolution
- Design and development of tools to monitor and scale infrastructure operations efficiently
- General troubleshooting and alerting response of our critical infrastructure
- Participate in an after hours on-call rotation
- Communicate ongoing issues and track status of incidents and escalations
- Assist in Root Cause Analysis of incidents and escalations
- Ensure documentation and run books are accurate and up to date
- Assist in operational aspects of migrating infrastructure services to containers including monitoring and performance analytics
What Catches Our Eye:
- At least 3 years of experience supporting a production Linux, (Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS, or Fedora) server environment
- Familiarity with network configuration and support of web services (apache,nginxm, halb, ipvs), databases (Postgresl, mysql) and DNS (bind)
- Experience with virtualization environments (VMWare, Xen, KVM)
- Experience with container environments (Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes)
- Experience with monitoring and metrics platforms (Nagios, LibreNMS, Prometheus, Graphite, Splunk)
- Experience with automation frameworks (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Version control experience (git)
- Ability to design and integrate automated tools (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Exceptional documentation, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies
- Capable of accepting and providing mentorship with peers
- Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.