Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Technical Operations | Bangalore, India | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is seeking an Infrastructure Automation Engineer to join our Technical Operations Team to build the tooling to help scale and support our global production data centres, systems and services. We're looking for someone who is passionate about automation and creating the glue that stitches our infrastructure and services together. You love being a part of a growing team that directly supports a worldwide SaaS infrastructure. You enjoy exploring innovative ideas and challenging other individuals within your team. You are someone who understands what it means to be responsible for the delivery of a highly available production service and work hard to ensure resiliency and maximizing service uptime and availability. You value clear and consistent communication and keep a your cool in every situation. You also share our vision of building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
- Design and development of tools to monitor, deploy and scale infrastructure operations efficiently.
- Design and development of automation to maintain our virtual infrastructure, linux servers, network infrastructure, database and application environments including system deployment, patch management, documentation, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Ability to triage critical situations quickly and efficiently and decide on a course of action
- Understanding of basic networking issues and troubleshooting, driving vendor support for issue resolution
- General troubleshooting and alerting response of our critical infrastructure
- Participate in an after hours on-call rotation
- Communicate ongoing issues and track status of incidents and escalations
- Assist in Root Cause Analysis of incidents and escalations
- Ensure documentation and run books are accurate and up to date
- Assist in operational aspects of migrating infrastructure services to containers including monitoring and performance analytics
- Total 8+yrs of experience of which at least 3 years experience developing infrastructure automation (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- At least 5 years of experience supporting a production Linux, (Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS, or Fedora) server environment
- Experience with automation frameworks (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Version control experience (git)
- Experience with physical infrastructure deployment (IPAM, CMDB, PXE, TFTP, Kickstart)
- Experience with container environments (Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes)
- Experience with monitoring and metrics platforms (Nagios, LibreNMS, Prometheus, Graphite, Splunk)
- Experience with network configuration and support of web services (Apache, nginx, halb, ipvs), databases (Postgresl, mysql) and DNS (bind)
- Experience with virtualization environments (VMWare, Xen, KVM)
- Exceptional documentation, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies
- Capable of accepting and providing mentorship with peers
- Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.