Director of Finance
Finance and Administration | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
This is a hands-on role managing company-wide FP&A responsibilities and deliverables. Reporting to the CFO, this position requires a person who will be a strategic advisor and partner providing forward-looking insights, critical analytical thinking, and finance leadership for the company.
- Oversee and accountable for day-to-day operations of the FP&A team
- Lead the planning process and forecasting processes in collaboration with executives
- Produce full set of historical and projected financial statements including bookings, billings and revenue forecasting, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash-flow and product line P&L’s
- Monitor and communicate variances in actuals, budgets and forecasts to business leaders
- Investment analysis (spend, headcount, capex) across all functions
- Identify, recommend, and take actions as necessary to meet plans
- Build and maintain short-term and long-term operating model. Help develop strategic steps to attain long-term operating model.
- Create, maintain and keep track of relevant corporate metrics and KPIs to help measure the business
- Bookings/Billings/Revenue tracking, forecasting and actuals reporting
- Help prepare board deliverables and quarterly external investor reporting
- Collaborate with Sales team on deal structuring and approval
- Partner with Sales and Management on sales compensation plan design, benchmarking and approving commission payment
- Deliver analyses and support for major financial initiatives; equity raises, debt, ROI analysis
- Collaborate with executives on ad-hoc initiatives
- Track record of showing finance leadership in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience working at a fast growing SaaS a plus
- Integrity, high energy and logical/structured thinking
- Possess the ability to communicate complex issues across the organization with the ability to persuade action
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills. Strong initiative and collaborative work-style
- Ability to drive process-based improvement across functions
- Possess the highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format
- Enthusiastic, take action doer; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Expertise in business analytics tools including advanced Excel, PowerPoint and financial planning systems
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.