Director of Business Development (Partnerships)
Business Development & Channel Partnerships | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Reporting directly to the VP of Business Development, we are looking for a technical and strategic star to map out the overall partner ecosystem for Instart.
- Overcome customer objections, block competition and strengthen their position in key verticals
- Identify all the meaningful players and possible relationships, and determine alternative distribution strategies for mapping out the overall partner ecosystem
- Partner closely with our Sales team to identify relationships that lead to immediate value by bringing in more revenue, reducing cost of sales or shortening sales cycles
- Work closely with our Marketing and Executive leadership to identify long-term possibilities for strategic alliances that can give a massive boost to our sales, our positioning or broadly improve the economics
- Interact with our Product Management team and help to build the “whole product” roadmap. You'll also be contributing to overall product and company strategy
- Close all the different kinds of early deals, ranging from tactical referral agreements to the long-range strategic deals
- Evangelize Instart and our product story – working on getting key players in the application delivery, performance and e-commerce ecosystem to endorse Instart.
- Increase awareness, market leadership and sales of partner solutions
- Build out financial and economic models including localized pricing, revenue share and other commercial models for maximizing value to the Company
- Negotiate and close large-scale deals from A to Z
- Build revenue plans with all partners and roll up forecast for the company
- 10+ years of business development and deal making experience
- Proven Business Development experience with a SaaS / PaaS / IaaS company is a hard requirement
- Established experience selling infrastructure to online businesses – E-commerce, SaaS, Carriers, Cloud Service Providers etc.
- Demonstrated experience with selling enterprise-grade products with long and complex sales cycles
- Proven experience at a startup in the $10M to $100M revenue growth phase, ramping up the partnership efforts from scratch - working closely / developing key partnerships with large companies in the apps, ISP/carriers, content and hosting space
- A highly technical individual who intuitively and intellectually understands the company’s technology and business value proposition in SD Application Delivery for the enterprise.
- MBA is a plus, but not required
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto.
Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.