Director of Business Development
Business Development & Channel Partnerships | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
A Little About Us:
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Of course, because we are building groundbreaking applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. So, we are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and dedication that we do.
A Lot About You:
Do you “Play to Win”?
- You will help overcome customer objections, block competition and strengthen their position in key verticals.
- You'll map out the overall partner ecosystem for Instart, identify all the meaningful players and possible relationships, and determine alternative distribution strategies.
- You will partner closely with our Sales team to identify relationships that lead to immediate value by bringing in more revenue, reducing cost of sales or shortening sales cycles.
- You'll work closely with our Marketing and Executive leadership to identify long term possibilities for strategic alliances that can give a massive boost to our sales, our positioning or broadly improve the economics.
- You will interact with our Product Management team and help to build the “whole product” roadmap. You'll also be contributing to overall product and company strategy.
- You'll close all the different kinds of early deals, ranging from tactical referral agreements to the long-range strategic deals.
- You will evangelize Instart and our product story – working on getting key players in the application delivery, performance and ecommerce ecosystem to endorse Instart.
- You'll increase awareness, market leadership and sales of partner solutions.
- You will build out financial and economic models including localized pricing, revenue share and other commercial models for maximizing value to the Company.
- You'll negotiate and close large-scale deals from a to z
- You will build revenue plans with all partners and roll up forecast for company.
What Catches Our Eye:
- 7-10 years of business development and deal making experience.
- Proven Business Development experience with a SaaS / PaaS / IaaS company is a hard requirement.
- Demonstrated experience with selling enterprise-grade products with long and complex sales cycles.
- Proven experience at a startup in the $10M to $100M revenue growth phase, ramping up the partnership efforts from scratch - working closely / developing key partnerships with large companies in the apps, ISP / carriers, content and hosting space.
How To Really Impress Us:
- Established experience selling infrastructure to online businesses – E-commerce, SaaS, Carriers, Cloud Service Providers etc.
- A highly technical individual who intuitively and intellectually understands the company’s technology and business value proposition in SD Application Delivery for the enterprise.