DevOps / Systems Engineer
Technical Operations | Bangalore, India | Full Time
A Little About Us:
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Of course, because we are building groundbreaking applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. So, we are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and dedication that we do.
A Lot About You:
As everyone agrees, DevOps is a culture, not a role. We at Instart are embracing that culture and looking for rockstars to help make that culture a reality. As a DevOps engineer at InstartLogic, you will be fully embedded with an engineering team, operating as a virtual team to deliver a full product. From story definition, to daily scrums, to production support the uptime, quality and efficiency of the product will be the responsibility of the team, with you as a key member. Come help us change the way applications are built and delivered at Instart Logic!
What your day2day looks like:
- Participate as a full member of the development team, taking part in the weekly scrums.
- Evangelize scalable operational practices and create automation to enforce these ideals.
- Act as a consultant to development on infrastructure, scalability, monitoring, operational process, infrastructure efficiency and release process.
- Create run books for our global operations team. Act as the second line, escalation support for your application(s).
- Monitoring automation; make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.
- Responding to support requests from development teams to assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Making sure that development teams are not blocked on infrastructure requests.
What Catches Our Eye:
- 7+ years experience in systems engineering/administration, with at least 2 years in a mission-critical Cloud / SaaS service.
- Strong Python Developer, knowledge of C++, Java or node.js is a plus
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocol
- Deep Experience working with web servers Nginx or Apache.
- Experience & desire to building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of various automation frameworks (Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL/Postgres)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux preferably Ubuntu
- Strong experience with Systems Administration and infrastructure provisioning automation is desired.
- VMWare infrastructure management experience is a plus
- Nomad, Kubernetes or other docker containerization experience is a plus.
- Experience working with AWS stack is a plus
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, ARP, VLANs, TCP/IP)
- Hands on experience working with load balancers such as IPVS, HAProxy etc.