Data Center Ops Engineer
Technical Operations | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or news, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging and responsive. With over 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
We are looking for a Data Center Operations Engineer. You will be responsible for building, running and tuning Instart Logic's data center resources and associated components. Maintaining 100% up-time of our international datacenter footprint and improving monitoring and troubleshooting processes will be a critical part of your job. We are looking for people who are passionate about automation and problem solving, and who want to thrive in a dynamic startup where you can showcase your skills. You will have a chance to contribute to the architecture and design of the system and career advancement is encouraged.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and correct server and network problems.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and automate repetitive tasks and workflows
- Evaluate, integrate and support off-the-shelf enterprise applications
- Design, implement and maintain tools to manage production infrastructure
- Own and support monitoring tools for the production infrastructure
- Establish and document procedures for network operations
- Work with remote hands staff
- 5+ years of experience in Unix or Linux systems administration
- 3+ years of network administration experience (Linux/Juniper environment)
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Proven understanding of networking – understanding how to isolate, diagnose, and resolve service delivery components (servers, networks, and applications)
- Familiarity with function, operation, and failure modes of key networking devices (routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, load balancers)
- Demonstrated ability to identify networking as the potential cause of a service issue using server-resident tools (TCP dump, ping, traceroute, etc.); and solving problems at the packet level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent timeliness and dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Proven technical troubleshooting experience
- In-depth knowledge of shell scripting
- Knowledge of Perl/Python programming a bonus
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Strong understanding of export regulations
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.