Cloud Platform Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Instart, we are building a world where digital experiences continuously adapt to become increasingly engaging with every interaction.
Instart is a Palo Alto based late stage startup backed by the who’s who of the VC world – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock and Sutter Hill to name a few.
Today, we are the trusted digital experience management partner for Fortune 100 companies, who are leaders in their respective industries. Our team is made up of motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every single day. We have built an amazing platform that large enterprises around the world are using to drive the performance, consumer experience and security of their cloud, web and mobile applications.
Because we are building groundbreaking applications and architecture that is transforming and disrupting application delivery at the enterprise level scale, we are facing new challenges in every facet of our business. We are looking for disruptive, transformative individuals ready to embrace these challenges with the same passion, vision, and dedication that we do.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help design and build the backend infrastructure for Instart Logic's large-scale mission critical distributed system. If you are passionate about working on cutting edge technology together with a world-class engineering team, we want to talk to you. You should have a solid background in distributed systems, large-scale high-throughput infrastructure, and experience monitoring and tuning performance of complex systems at scale.
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Excellent development and debugging skills using C++
- Experience in programming on a multi-threaded environment
- Prior experience with all of the following: fault tolerant distributed systems, HTTP and related protocols, proxies and web servers, Linux and systems programming
- Proven experience designing high performance content delivery platform using nginx or apache.
- Deep experience with container technologies - docker, k8s.
- Prior CDN experience is a plus
- Prior startup experience a plus
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a successful startup is a huge plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent); PhD preferred
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.