Cloud Platform Engineer
Cloud Platform Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Take on world-changing challenges guided by our Engineering Principles – some of which have never been solved before. Our Cloud Platform developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development. You’ll be working, learning and growing alongside other rock star engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of Instart’s platform. Contribute to open source! We ❤️ open source, and we give back to the community whenever we can.
- Design and develop highly scalable and reliable RESTful services from requirements to production
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Collaborate with your peers via code reviews
- Understand and implement security and data protection.
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience developing cloud based services.
- Good understanding of Computer Science concepts in the areas of Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating systems, Object Oriented Design.
- Understands micro services and scalable design choices.
- Good understanding of network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP).
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol.
- Experience developing cloud based services using Python, Go preferably in a Linux environment.
- Experience with container technologies - docker, k8s highly desired.
- Experience working with web servers such as nginx or apache is a plus.
- Experience working with load balancers such as IPVS, HAProxy etc is a plus.
- Prior experience being part of a team that delivered early versions of a product in a successful startup is a plus.
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent).
At Instart, we are building a world where the largest brands in the world can deliver amazing digital experiences to their customers.
Every major brand today, whether it is online shopping, travel or media, is making huge investments to improve their online experiences to keep up with consumer expectations. As consumers in a digital world, we tend to abandon websites very quickly if the experience is not as good as we expect it to be - fast, engaging, and responsive. With 100+ patents using artificial intelligence and machine learning, Instart’s unique technology continually optimizes the online consumer experience, learning from every interaction across devices and networks.
We’re growing at a rapid pace - on the path to increase our revenue and customer base by 4x in the next couple of years! You have an opportunity to be a part of this amazing growth, working on cutting-edge AI/ML cloud technology with some of the greatest minds, to help the most recognizable brands in the world create better digital experiences.
Instart is backed by major investors who are all looking to see us become the next Unicorn and more – Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock, Wing, and Sutter Hill to name a few. We take pride in the great experience we offer our employees from our flexible work schedules to free lunches and our super cool, dog-friendly office in Palo Alto. Let’s talk about your next career opportunity at Instart.
Instart is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.