DTG | Howell Mountain, CA | Full Time
We are looking for an Estate Director to be the lead ambassador of our historic Ink Grade Estate on Howell Mountain and manage its direct sales endeavors. This role represents a rare opportunity, working together with an exceptional team to create the new Napa and leave an indelible mark on the wine world. We are looking for a leader capable of sharing our voice, pedigree, and passion to build this iconic brand from the ground up.
Our team is a driven group of individuals who endlessly strive for excellence, and we are looking for a team member who can match our efforts. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, charismatic, an independent professional with a demonstrable track record of developing strong relationships. The initial effort will center around targeting, evaluating, and initiating elite collectors around the country. This candidate must be a self-motivated, driven individual who is well organized and exceptional communicator who can create a sense of affinity to a new winery brand.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish a strong following among collectors and tastemakers in the US and beyond.
- Host intimate tastings around the country to build awareness and subscription with an allocation offer.
- Support winery operations with forecasting and sales modeling.
- Develop, communicate and promote brand guidelines throughout all brand activations, ensuring adherence among all stakeholders and partners
- Work with a team to develop a world-class private tasting program
- Provide a charismatic, infectious brand of leadership with our team, our guests and our partners to deliver the highest-quality consumer engagement in the Napa Valley
- Provide consistent team leadership, planning and direction to ensure achievement of DTC goals for Tasting Room, Wine Club, E-commerce, Events and maintains the highest quality of Guest Services
- Oversee and ensure the professional development of all team members, instituting consistent one on one meetings with each individual on the team to foster the valley's top talent
- Foster lasting relationships with top customers through direct sales and relationship-based outreach using current CRM systems
- DTC sales management & marketing experience required
- Demonstrated leadership experience, managing diverse DTC teams
- Experience with P&L management, accountability and delivery, annual planning and budgeting
- Experience in execution of fine wine programming and events
- Added experience with launching new brands/businesses is a plus
- Team leadership and organizational skills with proven ability to set, prioritize and manage a strategic plan
- Ability to establish and execute goals with our staff and through regular commercial reviews
- P&L Development, management & accountability: building budgets, measuring performance and reporting results
- Proven ability to create an achievement culture that shares and incorporates best practices with all team members to grow the business
- Proven verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Skilled at collaboration and achieving through partnership and team play
- Structured leadership, with an innate curiosity to learn & grow
- Ability to build an inclusive model for team engagement that champions diversity and coaches and empowers others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook)
- Administrative Proficiency in effective winery/beverage POS systems
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Other Requirements: Employee must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Driver’s License, and be insurable by company standards.
Benefits: We offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, Employee Assistance Program, retirement, and paid time off.
To Apply: Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter.