Word Processing Specialist II (ohio3913-ap)
Administrative | Fairborn, OH | Full Time and Contract
Word Processing Specialist II
We are currently accepting applications for a Word Processing Specialist II to provide services at their state-run healthcare facilities. The position provides a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working within the state employment system.
Join our Team! We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity and others. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- 9 months training or 9 months experience in using word processing equipment & related software
- 3 months training or 3 months experience in transcription
- 9 months training or 9 months experience in office practices & procedures
- 1 course or 3 months experience in the appropriate technical terminology; formal education in arithmetic that includes fractions & percentages & in alphabetizing, English grammar, punctuation & editing of common English vocabulary.
- Or 6 months experience as a Word Processing Specialist 1, 12611.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES HIGH VOLUME OF EXPERIENCE IN TYPING AND DICTATION. Knowledge of word processing techniques and procedures; office practices and procedures; fractions and percentages; technical terminology in the appropriate area. Skill in operating word processing equipment; operating typewriter keyboard; operating Dictaphone/transcriber. Ability to interpret variety of instructions in written, oral, picture or schedule form; copy material accurately and recognize grammatical and spelling errors; sort items into categories according to established methods; handle routine telephone and/or face-to-face contacts.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.