Video Engineer-Consultant (sm2843-ob)
Entertainment and Music | New York, NY | Full Time
VIDEO ENGINEER – CONSULTANT
New York NY
Searching for a Video Engineer - Consultant for one of our clients who is an independent music, video and film distribution company and top-ranked Multi Channel Network operating in more than 25 global markets. With its roots in digital music distribution, the Company today works with independent artists, labels, and other content providers to distribute nearly one third of all digital music content to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world.
If this position is of interest, we encourage you to apply and our staff will reach out to you to discuss this position further and answer any questions. Join our talented New York Team!
- Minimum 3 years’ experience video engineering/editing/post production and/or a degree from an accredited media engineering school with appropriate training certification.
- Efficiency and organizational skills a must to handle large priority lists and status updates
- Must be extremely detail oriented and focused to catch all video/audio errors
- Good grasp of song structure a must for efficient clip point creation
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of system messaging and metadata a must
- Troubleshooting experience, a must
- Comfortable with a flexible schedule
- General knowledge of pop culture required for keyword data entry
- General knowledge of film, digital video and digital audio
- General knowledge of digital compression formats/techniques
- General knowledge in the following applications: Video editors (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Quick Time, Compressor)
- Digital Asset Management Applications and processes
- Video digitization systems- Aspera/FTP/SFTP
- Knowledge of Word Excel and Outlook
- Responsible for digitization, upload, clip creation and Quality Control of short form, long form and DVD video content.
- Must be highly organized with a sharp focus on details.
- Video editing experience and knowledge of digital video/audio anomalies needed as the engineer will be tasked with prescreen quality control.
- Key skills include video/audio digitization and editing, film and digital video hardware and tape stock, systems networking experience, system messaging and notifications, pop culture knowledge, music and song structure.
- SHORT FORM, LONG FORM and DVD VIDEO PROCESSES: Digitization of video from tape or file-based format through a hardware video capture device
- Detailed quality control
- Migration of assets into the asset management system
- Clip point identification (first verse, chorus, etc)
- Keyword data entry (theme, key lyrics, product placement, etc)
- Organization of US catalog video list via common MS Office programs
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.