Theatrical Accounting Consultant (SM2241an)
Account Management | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Theatrical Accounting Consultant
Los Angeles CA
Searching for a Theatrical Accounting Consultant for one of our clients who is an independent music, video and film distribution company and top-ranked Multi Channel Network operating in more than 25 global markets. With its roots in digital music distribution, the Company today works with independent artists, labels, and other content providers to distribute nearly one third of all digital music content to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world.
Our Client’s Film & TV division represent the next chapter of significant growth for the company and has seen impressive growth over the last few years while providing end-to-end digital distribution services to many premiere brands including the NBA, Scholastic and Red Bull Media, as well as feature length scripted and documentary filmmakers/producers. Coupled with a robust film & TV acquisitions strategy, The Orchard's growing theatrical, physical and digital business represents a unique opportunity for the right candidate looking for growth in an entrepreneurial environment. If this position is of interest, we encourage you to apply and join the talented LA Team!
- Work directly with the VP of Theatrical Distribution on release campaigns and direct sales efforts for a slate of 12 films per year, including traditional theatrical and multi-platform releases.
- Coordinate box office gross entry for past titles into accounting software.
- Invoice theaters, enter box office reports and register incoming revenue within our software systems.
- Process vendor invoices for payment.
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience with a wide range of key internal distribution systems, including collections, allocations, and distribution software preferred.
- Strong PC and Mac skills. High proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Google apps.
- Impeccable listening skills. Ability to actively listen to communication in its entirety and ask clarifying questions when appropriate.
- Excellent verbal communication with the ability to interface with the executive team, all internal employees, and external clients and vendors.
- Strong written communication with the ability to learn and engage intended audience.
- Strong critical thinking skills paired with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adapt in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Ability to time manage and meet aggressive deadlines.
- A positive attitude paired with a passion to work in a highly visible and highly important position.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.