Technology Based Training Developer (4434-pm)
Information Technology | Columbus, OH | Full Time and Contract
Technology Based Training Developer
Work Location: Columbus OH
This position is dedicated to developing a module for a future Learning Management System (LMS). Candidates shall be expected to have working knowledge of Adobe Captivate as well as other LMS editing, scripting and publishing tools. Candidates shall have working knowledge of Scorm 1.2, 2004 or higher compliance. Candidates shall be prepared to provide work samples at the interview, i.e, trainings developed, videos produced, etc. Individual may be required to travel to and perform video production or meet with subject matter experts.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Develops, programs, researches, implements, plans & designs technology based learning activities & user tests incorporating current adult learning theory: independently analyzes training needs & training effectiveness; identifies training gaps & performance needs & makes recommendations for improvements & designs training programs to address those needs utilizing advanced software tools &/or application systems (e.g. Articulate, Captivate CourseMill; Lector— MOODLE); develops & implements overall architecture, navigability, usability & functionality for computer programs or web pages that deliver training: authors, programs &/or writes code for technology based training; creates & integrates graphics, text & interactive multi-media in learning materials; recommends strategy for each learning intervention by selecting best combination of training methods to include media, technology & consideration of cost analyses; researches technology-based training field to use & recommend the most appropriate types of technology-based training; identifies subject matter experts, customers, & appropriate vendors & collaborates to develop information for use in instructional design; writes training objectives, edits training & related materials; selects appropriate measurement for performance; assesses training effectiveness to determine f learning objectives are met; uses statistics to design measurements & analyze results; designs surveys, analyzes & summarizes results, makes recommendations to improve performance, evaluates & measures courses to validate instructional design & methods to determine success, utilizes participant feedback, revises instructional materials es necessary & creates on-line or other learner assessments.
- 25% Implements instructional interventions (e.g., computer-based training, web-based training on-line testing & assessment, electronic discussion groups, on-the-job training, classroom); installs, links, coordinates & maintains technology-based training (e.g., uses electronic software & hardware; diagnoses & helps resolve problems learners have with technology-based training) addresses compatibility issues for accommodations (e.g. JAWS); manages learning environment for learner success; uses training equipment & media to implement instruction; gives & receives feedback from learners & prepares instructional sites.
- 25% Makes minor repairs/adjustments to & troubleshoots equipment & software used for designing, developing & delivering training; prepares & maintains records & files; prepares correspondence & repots; answers inquiries regarding training policies & procedures; answers inquiries about using & creating technology-based training; disseminates information relative to training being offered; responds to inquiries & complaints; schedules classes & technology based training; performs other related duties as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of undergraduate core program in education to include student teaching or 2 yrs. trg. or 2 yrs. exp. in assessing, researching, designing developing, evaluating & delivering instruction & associated materials for adult learners;
- 2 yrs. trg. or 2 yrs. exp. in use of software &/or application systems to create & deliver technology-based training (e.g, Authorware; Articulate; Captivate; CourseMill; Dreamweaver; Lectore; MOODLE);
- 6 mos. trg. or 6 mos. exp. in web art manipulation programs (e.g., Fireworks; Shockwave; Flesh; Photoshop).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.