Surgical Materials Technician (1231)
Surgical Technician | Dallas, TX | Contract
Surgical Materials Technician
Work Location: Dallas, TX
To requisition, distribute, and maintain inventory of routine and special-order surgical supplies. Completes special projects as assigned by Inventory Coordinator, Operations Manager or Materials Director. Participates in quarterly inventory, assuring accurate counts. Keeps work area clean & neat. Boxes & packing materials removed, floor swept.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Coordinates incoming shipment of supplies between Central Sterile Supply & the Receiving Department.
• Receives merchandise, confirms delivery receipt for accuracy.
• Unpack supplies from boxes, outside the sterile supply area, and places supplies on a cart.
• Discards boxes properly.
• Restocks Central Sterile Supply with product in correct bin locations and distributes special request supplies. All completed in a timely manner.
• Prepares case carts properly for supply transportation.
• Completes case cart Pick List accurately and in a timely manner.
• Inventories & restocks specialty PAR locations for assigned areas.
• Utilizes computer printout sheet and/or Handheld High jump to determine, document and collect replenished supply quantities.
• Assists with data entry related to requisitions/supply orders, etc. All of this in a timely manner.
• Answers phone requests with the ability to understand the nature of said requests. Can offer alternative products if needed or can assist in locating the unavailable product, and/or substitute from another source. Delivers the requested supply to the O/R as requested.
• Responsible for the Inspection, documentation and deposition of expired and/or recall products stocked on the shelf daily.
• Maintains the required log.
• Maintains the storage area for all supplies in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
• Responsible for the inspection of compromise of sterility of products and restocking of unused medical supplies returned in "Green Bags" from case carts.
• Ensure all supply storage locations are identified with a "BARCODE" product label thereby, verification of product also being identified on a PAR.
• Consistently notifies surgery staff of departmental stock orders & backorder releases. Assures timely, accurate delivery according to established schedule.
• Informs requisitioner of specialty backorders and expected release date.
• Must have two (2) years experience in Inventory.
• One (1) year hospital experience plus stocking Anesthesia carts in the OR experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.