State Tested Nurse's Aide (OHIO2063)
Nursing | Sandusky, OH | Full Time
State Tested Nurse’s Aide (STNA)
2nd and 3rd Shifts Available
The STATE OF OHIO is seeking energetic and motivated a STATE TESTED NURSE’S AIDE (STNA) to provide supportive personal care to patients and residents in a wide variety of settings including public and private hospitals, clinics, Hospice, Institutions, assisted living centers and long-term care facilities. Join the InGenesis Team and make a difference in your community.
- Education - High school graduate or equivalent / must have Accredited Nurse Aide Training Program.
- Certification/ Licensure - Hold a current, valid Ohio license, certificate, or registration, as required by the state of Ohio
- Experience - Minimum of 1-year experience last 12 months
- Credentials - Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Healthcare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine patient care related tasks under the direct supervision of the nursing and medical staff of the assigned facility.
- Obtain and record data for individualized care records according to the specified schedule and care plan which may include I &O, TPR and BP.
- Observe physical, mental, and emotional status of the patient and report changes to the Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse immediately.
- Administer personal care to patients and residents including all activities of daily care, skin care, bowel and bladder elimination, bed making, ambulation, transfer, feeding and tray set up, responding to call light and safety control.
- Provide additional care to meet personal needs and comfort of patients and residents, as needed.
- Clean assigned areas, stock supplies and equipment as required.
- Provide companionship, activities, and conversation, and supervision of safety.
- Provide housekeeping duties as described in the care plan or assigned by the Charge Nurse.
- Provide transport/transfer assistance and accompany to lab, x-ray, PT as instructed by charge nurse.
- Maintain respect for patient and resident privacy rights, confidentiality, and HIPAA directives.
- Provide assistance with procedures and exams being done by physician and nursing staff.
- Follow all facility policies and procedures related to assigned patient care and policies of Nursing Staffing.
- Other duties as assigned by Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.