State Tested Nurse's Aide (3905CC)
Certified Nursing Assistant | Sandusky, OH | Full Time
State Tested Nurse’s Aide (STNA)
All Shifts Available
The STATE OF OHIO is seeking energetic and motivated a STATE TESTED NURSE’S AIDE (STNA) to provide supportive personal care to patients and residents in a wide variety of settings including public and private hospitals, clinics, Hospice, Institutions, assisted living centers and long-term care facilities. Join the InGenesis Team and make a difference in your community.
- Education - High school graduate or equivalent / must have Accredited Nurse Aide Training Program.
- Certification/ Licensure - Listed on Ohio Nurse Aide Registry
- Experience - Minimum of 6 months
- Credentials - Basic Life Support (BLS) card through the American Heart Association
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct patient care and assist with provisions of personal hygiene and activities of daily living (i.e. feeds, bathes, dresses, moves/lifts patients, provides preventative skin care, brushes teeth, cleans/trims fingernails, changes bedding and incontinence pads/briefs, collects vital signs, measures height & weight, measures fluid intake/output)
- Makes observations of patient condition and timely reports/documents all findings
- Assists with doctor’s sick call and doctor’s rounds
- Responds to emergency by providing emergency care and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Documents all patient care, makes beds, maintains cleanliness of patient area/equipment
- Escorts patients as needed; communicates with patients to assess and communicate patient needs
- Provides assistance to healthcare staff; reviews shift report from preceding shift(s) performs other duties as assigned
- Maintain respect for patient and resident privacy rights, confidentiality, and HIPAA directives.
- Provide assistance with procedures and exams being done by physician and nursing staff.
- Follow all facility policies and procedures related to assigned patient care and policies of Nursing Staffing.
- Other duties as assigned by Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.