Standardized Patient (3707)
Admin | San Antonio, TX | Contract
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
The Part-time Standardized Patient works on an as needed bases and must maintain a professional manner when interacting with student learners, faculty supervisors and peers. Standardized Patients may work a few times a year to a few times a month, on an as needed basis. The position involves the use of individuals trained to portray the roles of patients, family members or others to allow student learners to practice physical exam skills, history taking skills, communication skills and other exercises.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Portray all of the characteristics of a real patient, simulating the signs and symptoms of a particular disorder.
• Be comfortable having repeated physical examinations maneuvers performed on self by student learners.
• Will be required to wear a hospital gown with only undergarments underneath to simulate a real-life patient.
• Will be required to be video and audio-taped and/or observed live through an observation window or video monitor.
• Will be asked to simulate all aspects of health scenarios, including medical history of current problem, affect/behavior and physical findings, in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner.
• Will be asked to accept ongoing feedback from facilitators so that it can be incorporated into the case simulation for learning purposes.
• All other duties as requested.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prior experience, preferred, but not required.
• Versatility, flexibility, willingness, and enthusiasm.
• Attention to detail, and a self-starter
• Ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures and protocols
• Highly dependable and punctual
• Must have basic computer skills to check work email and/or submit electronic time sheets for payroll processing
• Must be able to accurately and consistently complete patient checklists
• Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.