Staff Nurse, RN (foh-1395-pm)
Occupational Health | Washington, DC | Full Time and Contract
Staff Nurse, RN
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Staff Nurse, RN. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays.
Our aim is to help you find valuable employment in the area of healthcare. We focus on placing healthcare professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
- RN licensure
- CPR/AED certification
- One (1) year experience in occupational health or related experience such as public health/community health, outpatient clinic, school nursing, or physician office nursing
- Must be willing to undergo a federal, criminal, and financial background check. Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Provides clinical nursing care for injuries and illnesses occurring in the workplace.
- Assist in disease and injury, prevention and health promotion goals of the Occupational Medical Program.
- Adhere to “the day-to-day service of the occupational health employee unit and planning, organization and implementation of the Occupational Medicine programs policies and procedures relating to the employee health units.”
- Follow all guidelines, federal regulations, Department of State policies and procedures as well as physicians signed or verbal orders provided the basis of independent clinical practice patterns.
- Provide limited follow-up and treatment or referral as indicated.
- Orders and interprets some laboratory and diagnostics test under practice guidelines or physician's orders.
- Update patient medical history information.
- Documents all patient care encounters according to accepted practices and patient care guidelines.
- Review and update occupational injury and illness reporting.
- Responsible for ordering and keeping nursing supplies and equipment in the health unit facilities organized and within proper shelf life. This includes monitoring the expiratory dates and alerting appropriate offices of need for equipment maintenance.
- Keep the health unit in an organized fashion for efficient patient services.
- Conduct allergy and travel immunizations and assists with administering these programs to include supporting the implementation of the annual Flu Shot Program.
- Work with the guidance of the safety officer in assisting in the development of and conducting training programs geared to awareness of health hazard, health maintenance and safe working habits.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.