Sr. Special Projects Mgr - Nurse Educator (FOH-BCA)
Nursing | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
Sr. Special Projects Manager-Nurse Educator
Seeking to fill a full-time Nurse Educator opening with the Federal Occupational Health (FOH) in Bethesda, MD. FOH is a non-appropriated agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that provides occupational health and wellness services exclusively to federal employees.
- Bachelor's degree; postgraduate nurse educator training and current Certified Nurse Educator certification preferred. Or;
- Master's or doctoral degree in nursing education and a minimum of two years of full-time experience working as a nurse educator.
- Must have advanced nursing and technical leadership skills in occupational health nursing.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the use of established clinical and preceptorship models in the development of clinical education programs.
- Must possess the ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Must possess highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Federal Occupational Health (FOH) clinical nurse educator provides clinical education and develops evaluation tools for nursing and patient care staff within Clinical Health Services.
- The nurse educator collaborates with medical leadership in FOH to integrate established nursing protocols into the plan of care for patients who receive care in FOH’s occupational health care clinics in accordance with medical standards of care, The Joint Commission standards and all related FOH policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- The Nurse Educator also facilitates the incorporation of nationally accepted and peer-reviewed evidenced-based research outcomes in occupational health nursing into the daily practice and protocols for FOH nurses.
- Develops training materials for patient care protocols and ensures that education materials comply with evidenced-based research and national standards.
- Initiates clinical skills development programs that are relevant to the provision of occupational health services within the parameters of established clinical and preceptorship models.
- Collaborates with CHS leadership, medical providers, and patient care staff in the planning, implementing, and delivering educational curricula.
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use and maintenance of equipment, supplies, and instruments.
- Coordinates in-service training and workshops to educate nursing staff on protocols and the use of new equipment.
- Develops, implements, and monitors a program for evaluating and tracking nursing staff competency to ensure that nurses complete competency assessments in accordance with FOH policy and TJC standards.
- Assesses FOH nursing staff educational needs and creates and implements programs address these educational gaps and refine FOH’s nursing education programs.
- Assists nurses with problem resolution and managing the provision of occupational health services across FOH’s continuum of care.
- Provides educational leadership to FOH care providers to enhance patient care within established clinical protocols.
- Maintains a demonstrated ability to provide nursing services to occupational health patients by providing direct care according to FOH nursing protocols and assisting in the performance of all related nursing duties.
The Joint Commission – Quality and Safety:
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical nursing protocols, procedures, and current TJC standards and industry practices within occupational health.
- Monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Consults with and serves as a clinical resource for CHS nursing staff to ensure quality patient care.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices through staff education.
- Leverages technologies to manipulate and analyze large data sets to identify trends in the data that indicate the need for staff training and areas for service and quality improvement.
To apply, please respond to posting.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Life and Disability Insurances
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.