Sr. Patient Access Center Representative (4762)
Call Center Representative | Houston, TX | Contract
Sr. Patient Access Center Representative
Work Location: Houston, TX
The Senior Patient Access Center Representative is responsible for mentoring other employees as a team leader, scheduling patient appointments, ensuring medical necessity compliance, verifying eligibility, and posting payments. In this role, punctuality and reliability are VERY important. If you meet the requirements for this position, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you to answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Schedules patient appointments and enters required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor. Enters information in computer system with a high degree of accuracy.
• Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtains the necessary signatures.
• Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
• Protects the financial integrity of the facility by collecting patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing payment options and screening for eligibility. Completes complex financial counseling including the review and submission of charity applications. Identifies alternative resources for financial reimbursement.
• Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all notifications and authorizations are completed within the required timeframes.
• Posts payments in the computer system and generates the appropriate patient receipts.
• Monitors, reviews and resolves patient account issues on assigned reports. Performs account analysis and trending.
• Completes quality review and monitors for process improvement opportunities.
• Functions as a team leader in the department by ensuring daily processes are complete, scheduling employees, providing answers to employee questions and assisting in employee orientation and training.
• Communicates in an effective and professional manner with Physicians, Care Management, ancillary departments, nursing units, physicians’ office staff, insurance companies, as well as patients and their families (all Patient Access customers). Completes thorough and accurate documentation.
• Adheres to all university policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Four (4) years of experience in a hospital or medical business office setting.
• Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience with Customer Service and Administrative roles.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Proficient typing/keyboarding skills.
• Medical office and insurance experience is highly preferred.
• Must be a quick learner, someone who is outspoken, but professional, can multi-task and possess good time management abilities.
• Hours: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.