Health Care | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
A successful and established Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications on behalf of our client, Federal Occupational Health, to provide services as a Senior Writer/Editor at their Salt Lake City, Utah facility. The positions offer’s a structured 40 hour work week which makes for a great work/life balance. It also provides an opportunity to work within the federal employment system.
- Masters degree with seven (7) to ten (10) years of related experience
- Must have experience working with health content.
- At least three (3) years’ experience overseeing the development of health/medical Web site content for a professional organization.
- Proficiency in facility writing and editing health topics, ranging from those of a wellness to clinical nature; ability to communicate these topics in detail to the lay individual.
- Ability to work and confidently make editorial judgments independently
- Ability to adapt, multitask in a fast-paced environment and familiarize yourself with new topics, policies and tools quickly.
- Ability to review, proof, edit, and write copy for the Web.
- Experience with Government printing, publishing, and binding standard and Web usability requirements.
- Experience working with Web, layout, and graphics software.
- Function as an editor to coordinate the development, publication, management, and distribution of agency publications.
- Provides oversight to ensure that deliverables are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- May supervise others regarding work product and performance.
- Other duties include but are not limited to content development, product/project management, production, editing and layout.
- Generate new ideas and develop original written health communication materials for agency Website, newsletters, online publications, training manuals, campaigns, incentives, and advertisements.
- Perform research, as necessary, to verify facts, dates, and statistics.
- Liaise with Division and marketing staff on the content direction of the newsletters.
Product (or is the Project) Management
- Manage project schedules.
- Roll out newsletters, marketing or health communications campaigns throughout the year
- Work with the Division Director to develop and review and approve final content of all material.
FOH National Support
- Manage content on the Website including maintaining customer mini-sites, refreshing topic areas, and writing original articles/features.
Editing and Layout
- Evaluate, proofread and edit content for readability and style and assure conforms to Brand guidelines.
- Ensure all copy meets Web usability standards, government print standards, HHS policy, and FOH policy.
- Compose headlines and prepare copy for printing.
- Format Web and print content as required and perform necessary layout work using layout applications and Web design technologies as needed.
- Develop “camera ready’’ copy for printing and review proofs for accuracy.
- Ensure printing and distribution of newsletters and other recurring messaging.
- Design complementary print and electronic versions of newsletters in coordination with creative staff and Web Programmers to include image selection, layout, developing structure for Web usability and access.
- Supply copy, research, and information for marketing purposes.
- Coordinate printing and distribution of hardcopy and electronic (HTML and PDF) newsletter.
- Develop and maintain the mailing distribution lists.
- Perform general editorial duties on projects such as planning the content of training manuals and other agency publications.
- Provide editorial support for other communications projects as needed.
- Provide support for meetings and conferences to include development of presentations and briefings.
- Microsoft applications, basic computer and website use.
- Other duties as assigned