Senior Special Projects Manager (FOH1873km)
Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
Senior Special Projects Manager
We are currently accepting applications to fill a full-time Senior Special Projects Manager opening with Federal Occupational Health (FOH) in Bethesda, MD. FOH is a non-appropriated agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that provides occupational health and wellness services exclusively to federal employees.
This position works under the supervision of the Lead Psychologist and senior leadership of Federal Occupational Health (FOH). The position facilitates and manages day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of for administrative processing of psychological assessment cases for FOH. The Program Manager must analyze, synthesize, and incorporate evidence from research on current industry standards and practices to develop appropriate solutions to facilitate efficient administrative processing of a large volume of psychological assessment cases.
- BSN required or a Master’s in public health.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field with at least 5 years of experience in healthcare administration or a graduate degree in healthcare administration.
- Must possess strong knowledge of the Joint Commission standards.
- One-year experience in healthcare management, preferably providing psychological services, and 2 years’ experience in project management required.
- At least one year of experience providing direct management of at least 2 or more employees.
- Must demonstrate, through experience in CV, communication, and organizational skills along with the ability to problem solve.
- Must be highly organized and be able to manage teams of employees and administrative processes in order to produce a work product involving medical chart reviews.
- Must possess the necessary skills to evaluate and analyze data in order to create complex reports and dashboards (synopsis of essential metrics).
- Must be able to pass security clearance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the creation of program management tools, such as checklists, to ensure that cases are processed within the required timeframes and with 98% accuracy.
- Develops SOPs and implements strategies for coordinating scheduling examinations for FOH and network psychologists, as well as OHCs and the Private Provider Networks, when necessary.
- Develops and implements strategies and SOPs for tracking cases to meet FOH psychological assessment service case processing timeframes.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of medical and psychological examination terminology and the clinical examination process.
- Establishes psychological assessment team procedures for coordinating with CHS Account Executive (AE)and Operations Lead (OpsLead) to provide customer services (e.g. fitness for duty, pre-employment, and security clearance evaluations).
- Advises AE and OpsLeads regarding potential new business and customer requests to change requirements for existing business. Make recommendations for improving Psychological Assessment Service case review processes that will maximize the effective and efficient execution of agency services overall.
- Ensures that appropriate standardized Work Orders (later panels) for psychological case review are used to support IAAs and SOWs. Assist Clinical Service Managers, AEs, and OpsLeads with setting up new agreements and editing exam work orders. Develops and implements administrative processes for new business in Psychological Assessment Service case review.
- Facilitating and managing day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale, national projects.
- Performing research, analyses, executing, managing, and communication about special projects at a national level.
- Demonstrating analytical abilities by synthesizing information to develop appropriate solutions.
- Projects may include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate the delivery of programs and service offerings to address customer's needs
- Oversee and track the logistics of customer meetings, projects, and agreements with agencies.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the current database used for billing psychological assessments, RMO reviews, and medical exam tracking.
- Researching, benchmarking, and designing projects that take into account the Divisions of FOH program needs to develop cost-effective solutions to achieve the best outcomes for FOH and specific customer policies.
- Developing and facilitating high-level reports across projects for the senior management of FOH. This may require the use of survey tools, interviews, and other means to collect info from staff and customers nationwide. Implementing quality assurance procedures in accordance with organizational methodology to ensure customer satisfaction (both internal and external customers).
- Facilitating and managing the distribution of marketing and promotional items. Function as the liaison with other FOH Division service areas.
- Developing and facilitating high-level reportables across projects for the senior management of FOH. This may require the use of survey tools, interviews, and other means to collect info from staff and customers nationwide. Implementing quality assurance procedures in accordance with organizational methodology to ensure customer satisfaction (both internal and external customers).
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of all FOH products and services and demonstrating this knowledge to peers and customers.
- Working collaboratively with FOH service and administrative areas to achieve desired customer outcomes. Facilitating efforts among other FOH service areas.
- Other duties as assigned pursuant to Inter-agency Agreements.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Life and Disability Insurances
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.