Senior Occupational Health Consultant (f-4328pm)
Medical | Bethesda, MD | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Senior Occupational Health Consultant
Work Location: Bethesda, MD
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
(These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Coordinating and/or managing a significant programmatic component. Examples may include functioning as the subject matter resource for others in the division;
- functioning as a member of a special project team; or, serving as the training coordinator for the Division.
- Promoting and growing FOH's services through regular customer interaction, product demonstration, and presentations to agency personnel, professional organizations or other consumer constituencies to promote business growth. Demonstrating knowledge and use of a consultative model to identify customer needs and determine the most appropriate service options. This should be accomplished in conjunction with subject matter experts in the respective FOH service area.
- Demonstrating analytical abilities by synthesizing information to develop appropriate customer-centric solutions through professional presentation formats (e.g. PowerPoint, white papers, etc.)
- Compiling customer information using available tools such as the internet, fact sheets, and comparative analysis. Developing and utilizing strategic business tools such as SWOT analyses, revenue rollup reports, competitor analyses, etc.
- Demonstrating strategic knowledge of respective customers.
- Developing and executing business capture plans based upon information gained from business tools.
- Developing agency contacts and cultivating relationships at all levels to enhance FOH's position, culminating in incremental increased business within the designated book of business Creating IAAs and SOWs in consultation with FOH subject matter experts in other FOH Divisions, accurately reflecting the customer's needs and FOH's ability to fulfill those needs.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of all FOH products and services and demonstrating this knowledge to peers and customers.
- Utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to maintain current and relevant customer information. Develops a prospective business report that identifies potential business needs.
- Working collaboratively with other FOH service and administrative areas to achieve desired customer outcomes. Facilitating efforts among other FOH service areas to ensure the customer is fully satisfied with the "FOH experience." Gathers ongoing customer feedback and makes suggestions to service areas that may improve customer satisfaction. Meeting metrics related to new business growth and expanded growth of existing business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in a health related field and three (3) years' experience in occupational health or a related field such as public health/community health OR
- Bachelor's degree and seven (7) years' experience in occupational health
- Must have three (3) years proven experience in developing new business relationships resulting in increased revenue.
- Must have knowledge of/experience in health care administration.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, basic computer and website use.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.