Administration | New York, NY | Full Time
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full time Royalty Administrator to service Sony Music, NY. The qualified candidate will be given the opportunity to gain and/or enhance their work experience while working with one of the top companies within the music industry.
The Royalty Administrator’s (staff level) responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Reading the artist, producer, and/or third-party contract to obtain relevant information.
- Interpreting contractual clauses related to the royalty obligation (with the assistance of the supervisor)
- Understanding the legal definitions of terms used within the contracts or related documents (with the assistance of the supervisor)
- Coordinating with Label’s legal and business affairs staff to obtain missing information
- Setting up and maintaining contractual information within the royalty system.
- Ensuring that all relevant exploitations methods are identified, and the appropriate royalty rate is assigned.
- Ensuring that escalation counters are set to properly count relevant sales.
- Running sales query and reviewing results with Supervisor or Manager.
- Ensuring all sales transactions are properly processed on a timely basis.
- Monitoring sales files daily for activity related to assigned artists.
- Reviewing pending sales transactions.
- Ensuring all royalty participants are set up correctly (Appropriate Name, Address and Tax Information is established to ensure the proper payment and reporting).
- Preparing the appropriate accounting statements as contractually required.
- Reviewing sales and costs to ensure they are accurately stated.
- Coordinating the statement review with the appropriate label personnel.
- Confirming that checks are received and matched to all payable statements.
- Obtaining Supervisor or appropriate approval before payment is released.
- Researching all inquiries related to assigned accounts.
- Providing supervisor with status reports regarding the assigned artist accounts.
- Providing guidance to the entry level staff members including providing an overview of tools available to assist in the completion of the assigned tasks. The tools include Royalty Systems, Sony/BMG Resources/Systems, and External Resources such as internet sites (i.e. AllMusic.com)
- Providing key contact information when needed.
- Providing copies of manuals or notes regarding industry terminology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of (2) years or related work experience
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- SAP, EROS, and Access experience a plus
Decision/Problem Solving Skills:
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Initiative, always striving to improve things.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with different levels within the organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ideally a paralegal or someone planning to go to law school at some point
- Quick to pick things up, diligent and disciplined in their work
- Strong attention to detail
- Would be great if they had an interest in copyright rules
- Comfortable working within narrowly defined parameters (good with rules)
- Comfortable asking questions
Mature and comfortable in a corporate environment