RN-Reproductive Endocrinology-Infertility (3745)
OB/GYN | San Antonio, TX | Contract
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
The Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care to patients in a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility setting. The RN will be responsible for preparing equipment and aiding physician during treatment and examination of patients. May lead or mentor lower level team member. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Demonstrate advanced skills in the delivery of physical examinations of patients, performing complex medical testing and providing interpretations of results, consulting with physicians and implementing treatment plan; administers medications and injections as needed.
• Assist with embryo transfers and retrievals with anesthesia administered by a physician and RN assistance.
• Periodically arrive at 6:30am to assist with HSG testing.
• Assist physicians with Saturday ultrasound / blood work of IVF patients.
• Ensure the clinic flow runs smoothly and provides supervision of the assigned Medical Assistant; works closely with assigned scheduler to ensure referrals, follow-up appointments, diagnostic tests, are scheduled accordingly.
• Triages patient calls and works closely with call center team members.
• Assists and arranges for hospital admissions as needed.
• Follows-up on diagnostic tests, labs and ensures they are reported to the medical provider.
• Refers patients as needed to appropriate specialists, consults and collaborates with other members of the health care team, provides daily wound care a s needed, schedules follow-up appointments, check appointments and procedure appointments.
• Educates patients and family members on the therapy process.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Current/active Texas RN License
• Associates degree and five (5) years of professional nursing experience is required.
• Experience with In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures and fertility processes preferred.
• Certification in Basic Life Support training (BLS).
• Must have excellent patient communication skills and ability to work with medically fragile patients.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.