RN Pre-Surgical Testing (4907)
Medical Surgical | Dallas, TX | Contract
RN Pre-Surgical Testing
Work Location: Dallas, TX
In this role, the RN Pre-Surgical Testing will ensure that the patient is adequately prepared for their surgical procedure which may include preoperative testing and patient counseling. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Take accurate history and physicals
• Ability to EKG
• Ability to ask necessary pre-op questions
• Reviewing the patient’s current and path health history
• Analyzing laboratory results
• Assessing the patient’s psychological and physical condition
• Ensuring the patient has an understanding of the surgery or procedure
• Educating the patient on any pre-operative instructions leading up the surgery
• Ensuring that all pre-operatives tests and blood work are completed
• Ensuring that the patient’s chart is comprehensive and all paperwork is completed
• and signed
• Settling patient into the room and prepping the patient for surgery
• Interviewing and assessing the patient on the day of the surgery
• Performs other duties as assigned and/or requested.
• Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license, BSN preferred
• Graduate of an approved/accredited nursing program either by a governmental authority, nursing board, or a licensing authority which has jurisdiction over approval/accreditation of nursing programs (Texas BON 217.1).
• One year of RN experience. Specialty areas may have increased experience requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
• Possess good assessment skills with Med Surg background.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA). Specialty areas may have increased certification/license requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
• Professional certification in a nursing organization is preferred.
• Require 2-3 years of Nursing experience.
• Possess very good customer service skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.